JUNIOR BRAND MANAGER
The company, which has amassed a social media following of over 200k and now distributes internationally, was first set up as an online 60s & 70s vintage clothing store in 2015. Having noticed an ever-increasing shortage of good quality vintage clothing from this decade, the brand evolved to start producing and distributing its own unique vintage-inspired clothing lines.
Born out of Naomi’s love for vintage clothing and a desire to reduce the impact of mass-produced clothing, The Hippie Shake released its first and second limited-edition collections in 2018 which quickly amassed a global following and featured on The Guardian’s front page.
The rapid growth of the company over 6 years has turned the couple’s side hustle passion into a full-time business which they now run out of Studio 34, their 70s inspired office in Deptford, London.
The Hippie Shake are recruiting a Junior Brand Manager to join the husband and wife duo behind the brand.
Being part of a small team, the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on various different elements of the brand including community management, order fulfilment, marketing & content strategies + much more.
The ideal candidate must be entrepreneurial, creative and have a passion for all things 60s & 70s
• Assist directors with the brand’s social media plan through content, community management and engagement.
• Leading on order fulfilment with the supporting of part time staff.
• Supporting on shoot campaigns for both vintage and vintage inspired collections.
• Manage influencer relationships and effective engagement, online and offline.
• Be up to date - and keep mapping trends in the space.
• Be responsible for driving campaigns and seek opportunities for us to collaborate and maximise opportunities.
• Creating a community and long-term relationships with key stakeholders that will grow the brand
• Be the face of the brand at events, strategically planning where the brand's presence should be.
The Ideal Candidate
• Graduate level with ideally business / marketing / events related degree, existing Fashion experience is ideal but not compulsory.
• Self-motivated and organised with obsession for details.
• Strong communication skills + an engaging and dynamic personality.
• Fashion industry experience is not a must BUT a passion for all things 60s & 70s is essential!
• The ability to create excellent working relationships (both internal and external)
• To thrive off a fast paced and growth-oriented business. Being resilient as well as creative.
• Be able to priorities jobs/tasks with hectic timelines, coordinating marketing activities (internal & external)
• Energetic with positive mind-set, willing to roll up the sleeves when needed and push the brand forward to follow the vision.
• Ambition to succeed, overcome obstacles and think creatively to solve challenges
• Ability to manage their own time / diary, maximising effectiveness.
What You Can Expect
• A competitive salary with flexible working options and generous staff discount.
• Exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing fashion start up where you can expect to be an integral part of the team’s success.
• Being part of a small team means you will gain insights into other areas of business and develop additional skills.
SE14, London. While there is the opportunity for flexible working in this role a large portion of working hours will be required to be spent at HQ. Candidates must be able to commute via car or public transport without issues.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter with 3 bullet points on why you are the perfect candidate.